Another in the occasional series where I vent a little.
- Read your policy; does it really describe what you want to happen?
- Data is there to help. Use it.
- Read your policy; is it just there to stop stuff happening?
- Managers manage – HR supports. If someone is underperforming support the manager to manage.
- Read your policy; if it isn’t easy to read people will ignore it.
- Be excellent at your job. If you’re not you’ll lose trust with the business.
- Read your policy; do you really need a policy instead of a guidleine?
- Be caring; not just for the business but for the people.
- You’re not Superman, Wonder Woman, or the Avengers and won’t be able to fix everything.