Things I found out over the last couple of weeks.
- Friends matter.
- Some friends matter more.
- Sitting upright for 50 minutes in an hour, not being able to see, is REALLY boring.
- Listen to your doctors – they know what they’re talking about.
- Sleeping upright is very difficult.
- Disconnecting is refreshing and frustrating in equal measure.
- Podcasts can get very boring if that’s all you can engage with.
- Not being able to read is disenfranchising.
- Being awake during surgery is very weird.
- Morphine is very more-ish.
- An eye patch in public is a great talking point for kids, especially on public transport.
It’s good to be back.
2 thoughts on “Back”
[…] This time, an enforced break, I have a different kind of inertia. There are loads of words in my head but my body has a speed limiter for a while. I can’t physically sit at a keyboard and screen for too long; my eye just can’t take it. […]
[…] part of the ongoing follow up care for my eye, I have regular tests. One of them is a field of vision test. One eye is covered and my head placed […]