Things I found out over the last couple of weeks.
- Friends matter.
- Some friends matter more.
- Sitting upright for 50 minutes in an hour, not being able to see, is REALLY boring.
- Listen to your doctors – they know what they’re talking about.
- Sleeping upright is very difficult.
- Disconnecting is refreshing and frustrating in equal measure.
- Podcasts can get very boring if that’s all you can engage with.
- Not being able to read is disenfranchising.
- Being awake during surgery is very weird.
- Morphine is very more-ish.
- An eye patch in public is a great talking point for kids, especially on public transport.
It’s good to be back.