If I was being asked to build a learning team from scratch, my criteria would be very different to what they were a few years ago. Some of the skills I’d expect now would include at least the list below.
- Digital skills – not just competent at Microsoft but across Google, Slack, Discord.
- Design skills – how to design digitally, I’d want video, audio and image design as core.
- Data skills – not just being able to use Excel but knowing what, where and how to capture data.
- Online skills – comfortable presenting across a range of channels, I’d expect people to be able to use the tools professionally.
- Thinking skills – the ability to think both critically, and creatively, have never been needed more.
What are the skills you’d expect to see now that have emerged over the last few years and which will we need in the future?