…I wrote a blog post about things I’ve overheard, have read, have been prompted to think about?
Wouldn’t it be a ‘good’ idea if…
- we stopped worrying about seats at tables?
Why’s this STILL a thing?
- we made training courses even more mandatory?
Because that’ll make people want learning more won’t it?
- we stated the obvious, in simple words, so people have no reason to doubt our intention?
Our desire to demonstrate our expertise means that our use of jargon differentiates and divides.
- we scaled up?
Does everything have to be big?
- we scaled down?
Doing some of something brilliantly is better than lots of something in a mediocre way
- we stopped doing something until we know the complete value?
Because that’ll help work at speed.
- we gave everyone a label that makes it easier for us to classify them?
- we thought more about the ‘be’ than the ‘do’?
- we stopped asking people what they want and showed them they can trust our craft, knowledge and expertise?
- we didn’t worry so much what strangers thought and cared more about friends?
These are just reflections of my current thoughts and shouldn’t be attributed to any one person, event, or activity. They’re a bricolage of thoughts; a tapestry of the things that fill my head when I’m reflecting.
What have you been thinking about?