Please stop sending me requests describing your new disruptive innovation with these 4 statements:
- We’ve got this technology you’ll be interested in.
- We’ve got these members who you might know.
- We talk about this stuff that we know you know.
- We’re different to every other community you’re a member of.
I usually ask the following in response:
- I doubt it – why would your platform be different to Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, MS Teams, Yammer, Pinterest, YouTube, WordPress, etc
- If I know them, they’ll also probably be in the list of people I connect with in 1.
- If you talk about the stuff I know, you’ll know they’re on the list in 1.
Don’t try and market something as ‘new’ if it’s just a re-formatting of what already exists.