Another in the occasional series where I write about what annoys me about a topic. This time, learning evaluation.
- Stop telling people there’s a silver bullet. There isn’t.
- Completion does not equal learning.
- Satisfied does not equal learning
- Redesigned happy sheets make no difference. Honestly. They don’t.
- Learning is complex and complicated. To suggest evaluation is easy is dishonourable.
- You have to work with the wider organisation and business to make evaluation happen.
- Aim higher than just knowing how much ‘stuff’ people have done.
- Having an evaluation strategy is important. Not following it is meaningless.
- You can’t evaluate if you don’t understand how data and information work.
- Delivering learning activity with no understanding of its effect on the organisation is ethically wrong.
If you want some help with this stuff, please do get in touch.