Let’s talk about what’s going to have to change in Learning and Development in the future. These are the things I’ve been thinking about and will add to these over the next few days.
- You’re not going to be able to base your offer on face to face group delivery
- Your online offer has to be as simple to use as Google, recommending like Amazon, as comprehensive as Wikipedia
- People want just in time, just for me, just enough learning
- People are learning without you knowing and you have to be COMPLETELY comfortable with that
- Learning design is nothing without performance data
- You can’t transform to digital learning without skill, will, authority and resource
- Online facilitation needs a certain set of skills you probably don’t have
- Providers – you have to be able to flex more than you have before and Mexican food won’t do any longer
This isn’t ‘new normal’. This is the end of the beginning.